Green River City’s CHEER program (Creating a Healthy Environment & Encouraging Respect) has a position open to be filled immediately.
Epicenter has been attending the CHEER meetings for almost a year now, and we’ve been honored to partner with them on projects that seek to engage teens and parents of teens. The fact is, there isn’t much to do here after school except get into trouble! This group provides recreational and educational opportunities in a structured environment to give teens a positive outlet.
Epicenter assisted CHEER in writing for the grant that funds this position and program through Utah’s Dept. of Workforce Services.
In brief, you’d co-create a teen after-school program that operates 3-4 days per week. You’d be paid 20 hours per week at $15/hour (for you out-of-towners, that’s a livable wage here in Green River; and you’d have the opportunity to seek secondary employment… perhaps with Epicenter!).
Apply by August 3rd by submitting an application and your resume. Feel free to ask us questions!
Here’s the job posting found around town:
The Program Director will be responsible for planning, operation and facilitation of the CHEER Coalition’s Teen Program.
Oversee Physical Activities, Education and Career Readiness, and Civic Engagement
High School diploma required, degree in higher education is a plus
- Must pass a background check and UA (as well as random UA test)
- Assess program needs and purpose to Executive Board
- Evaluate Program(s) and provide feedback to Executive Board as required
- Attend in-service meetings
- Coordinate necessary equipment and maintenance as needed for program(s)
- Provide on-site surveys
- Attend necessary workshops, events and training seminars
- Provide written evaluation of program staff at the completion of and/or during each program
- Maintain open communication between instructors, volunteers and participants
- Scheduling staff and volunteers ensuring safe and efficient delivery of program activities
- Experience working with kids and excellent organization skills
This is a part-time position $15.00 per hour depending on experience.
Applications and resumes may be dropped off at Green River City Hall during regular business hours or e-mail to email@example.com. Applications must be received by 8/3/2012.